How do I use Here to Help Learning’s Writing Program with one student?
Many families with only one child use HTHL’s Writing Program with excellent success!
Here’s what you can expect:
•All the writing process steps can be effectively completed with a parent and one child.
• The lessons might take less time.
•The filmed instruction provides a special interactive time with your student that can be difficult to provide for one student.
•The same solid writing instruction, impressive writing portfolio, and enjoyable writing adventures.
•A great group writing experience that can easily be provided with these small modifications:
Utilize the “pause” screens throughout the program to talk with your child. Conversations are a necessary pre-writing step. In the “First Input” step, follow these additional steps:
- Print additional “PIP” or Praise-Input-Praise worksheets.
- Identify 2-3 additional “PIP”ers or people (adults or children their age or older) who are willing to give input.
- Student presents their work to the “PIP”ers as per the model on the filmed instruction.
- “PIP”ers complete the worksheet and give it to the student.
Consider one-on-one teaching advantages:
•More time discussing the material and writing
•Able to hone individual skills quickly
Teaching one child is easy with Here to Help Learning‘s Writing Program!